The Rushin: an index of Czech economic activity
The Rushin is a weekly index of economic activity for the Czech Republic. It is constructed to capture developments in economic activity with a minimal lag, while paying particular attention to turning points and the pace of economic growth. The index, which we publish once a month, summarises the developments of four quickly available high-frequency indicators and six monthly indicators.
- Last updated: 15 November 2021
- The Rushin signals quarterly growth rate of the Czech economy of -0.6 % in the period ending 14 November 2021.
- Download time series (xlsx, 27 kB)
Note: The Rushin is not an official CNB forecast or nowcast. However, it is one of the indicators relied on by the CNB analytical team.
Introducing the index in a CNB vlog
Video with English subtitles.
- The Rushin Index: A Weekly Indicator of Czech Economic Activity. Adam, T., Michálek, O., Michl, A., Slezáková, E. (2021). CNB Working Paper No. 4/2021
- The Rushin: An Index of Czech Economic Activity, čnBlog, 16 March 2021
- Máme nástroj pro příští krizi. Ekonomiku odhadne rychleji, říká ekonom Michl. Interview with A. Michl, CNB Board Member. Mladá fronta DNES, 31 May 2021