Licensing and approval proceedings - banks
Specimen application forms and the content of their annexes and related applications are stipulated in Decree No. 233/2009 Coll. (see below). The requisites of applications, the specimen forms on which applications should be submitted, methodological and interpretation documents regarding certain provisions of these regulation are defined in the following implementing regulations and official information of the Czech National Bank.
- Decree No. 233/2009 Coll. (pdf, 741 kB) on Applications, Approval of Persons and the Manner of Proving Professional Qualifications, Trustworthiness and Experience of Persons, as amended (comprehensive version)
Official information, methodological documents
- EBA and ESMA Guidelines on the assessment of the suitability of members of the management body and key function holders (EBA/GL/2017/12, pdf, 566 kB) and Annex (xlsx, 82 kB)
- Official Information of 12 January 2015 (pdf, 78 kB) regarding certain provisions of the Act on Banks and the Act on Credit Unions relating to the single licence
- A summary of the legal rules, decrees and current official information of the Czech National Bank concerning banking issues applying to branches of foreign banks operating under the single licence regime (updated as of 1 January 2019)
- Official Information of 3 December 2013 (pdf, 94 kB) regarding the interpretation of the terms trustworthiness and competence
- Official Information of 19 April 2011(pdf, 152 kB) - available in Czech only
- Official Information of 21 May 2010 (pdf, 185 kB) - available in Czech only
- Official Information of 7 July 2008 (pdf, 145 kB, available in Czech only), announcing the practice of the Czech National Bank regarding extract or copy from the crime register
- Official Information of 10 December 2004 (pdf, 67 kB, available in Czech only) regarding Article 20a(3) of Act No. 21/1992 Coll., on Banks, as amended by Act No. 126/2002 Coll.
- Official Information of 29 October 2004 (pdf, 14 kB) regarding the provisions of Article 1(3)(i) and Article 1(4) of Act No. 21/1992 Coll., on Banks, as amended
- Official Information of 19 March 2003 (pdf, 82 kB) regarding Article 22 (3) of Act No. 21/1992 Coll. on Banks, as amended by Act No. 126/2002 Coll.
- Official Information of 13 December 2002 (pdf, 100 kB) regarding the assessment of the competence, trustworthiness and experience of persons nominated for executive managerial positions in banks and foreign bank branches
- Official Information of 31 January 2002 (pdf, 74 kB) regarding the conclusion of control agreements by banks
- Official Information of 18 January 1999 (pdf, 83 kB, available in Czech only) regarding the provisions of Article 16(1) b) and c) of Act No. 21/1992 Coll, on Banks, as amended, in case of a merger of banks
- Application for a licence for a bank / authorisation for a cooperative savings association (credit union) (doc, 279 kB) (pdf, 87 kB)
- Application for a licence for a branch of a foreign bank which has its registered office outside the territory of the European Union (doc, 213 kB) (pdf, 74 kB)
- Application for a consent to the acquisition of or increase in the qualifying holding of a regulated legal entity / to control a regulated legal entity (docx, 33 kB) (pdf, 249 kB)
Questionnaire forms for the assessment of entities in compliance with the Act on Banks:
- Questionnaire for assessment of professional qualifications, trustworthiness and experience of a senior officer of an investment intermediary or of a person proposed for an executive managerial position in a financial holding entity (doc, 117 kB) (pdf, 27 kB)
- Questionnaire containing legal and other aspects relating to the acquisition of a qualifying holding (doc, 55 kB) (pdf, 17 kB)