The government finance statistics constitute an integrated statistical system capturing the economic activities of the government sector, particularly in the areas of government revenues and expenditures and government debt, including government transactions in financial assets and liabilities. In the Czech Republic, primary responsibility for the creation of government finance statistics data is borne by the Czech Statistical Office in cooperation with the Ministry of Finance and the CNB. The government finance statistics also form the basis for the assessment of the Maastricht criteria on the government deficit and debt. The Czech National Bank, in agreement with the Czech Statistical Office, publishes the data in the form in which they are sent to the European Central Bank in connection with the spring and autumn government deficit and debt notifications. Data includes transactions with EU budget. Selected government finance statistics data are broken down for the government sector in total (S.13) as well as for individual subsectors – central government (S.1311), local government (S.1313) and social security funds (S.1314). Time series of selected state budget indicators are published for the operational assessment of state budget performance and national tax revenue results. The Ministry of Finance is primarily responsible for these data. The individual items are grouped into a set and methodology similar to that used for the state budget of the Czech Republic.
Government finance statistics methodology
The government finance statistics methodology is based on the international manual for the European System of Accounts (ESA95), approved in Council Regulation (EC) No 2223/96 of 25 June 1996 on the European system of national and regional accounts in the Community, as amended, the ESA95 manual on government deficit and debt, approved by the European Commission in April 2002, as amended, and ECB guidelines (http://circa.europa.eu/irc/dsis/nfaccount/info/data/esa95/en/titelen.htm).
The operational state budget performance statistics are based on the IMF’s international Government Finance Statistics Manual 1986 (http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/gfs/manual/1986/eng/index.htm).
- government finance statistics
- general government revenue and expenditure (S.13) (xls 75 Kb)
- general government revenue and expenditure (S.1311) (xls 69 kB)
- general government revenue and expenditure (S.1313) (xls 66 kB)
- general government revenue and expenditure (S.1314) (xls 66 kB)
- general government deficit financing (S.13) (xls 65 kB)
- general government debt and its structure (S.13) (xls 63 kB)
- selected state budget indicators (xls, 66 kB)
- national tax revenue collection (xls, 55 kB)
- ARAD time series – government finance statistics – redirection to ARAD, double-click to return
Request for more information regarding Government financial statistics of the Czech Republic send please to the address firstname.lastname@example.org