Plzeň regional office
Specialised units of the organisational units of CNB headquarters are located at the Plzeň regional office and carry on selected operational activities of the Cash and Payment Systems Department, selected supervisory activities of the Financial Market Supervision Department II and selected registration activities of the Licensing and Enforcement Department, usually with territorial competence for the Plzeň and Karlovy Vary regions.
Czech National Bank
Plzeň regional office
305 67 Plzeň
Na Příkopě 28
115 03 Praha 1
tel.: 224 411 111
fax: 224 412 404
- limited money reserves management
- execution of payments
- maintaining accounts of the state budget and other clients
- selling commemorative coins and numismatic material to the CNB’s contractual partners
- providing compensation for damaged banknotes and coins and exchanging invalid and worn out banknotes and coins
Monday - Friday: 7.30 a.m. - 2.00 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 7.30 a.m. - 11.30 a.m. and 12.30 p.m. - 2.00 p.m.
These activities are performed by the Operational Services Division – Plzeň of the CNB’s Cash and Payment Systems Department.
tel.: 377 174 202
fax: 377 174 288
Supervisory activities of the Payment Services and Currency Exchange Inspection Unit Plzeň of the Payment Services and Currency Exchange Supervision Division
- on-site supervision of electronic money institutions, foreign electronic money institutions operating in the Czech Republic through a branch, small-scale electronic money issuers, payment institutions, foreign payment institutions operating in the Czech Republic through a branch and small-scale payment service providers unless they are investment firms and bureaux-de-change
- imposing obligations in ex-officio proceedings in the form of on-site orders during inspections of bureaux-de-change
- statistical surveys in the non-financial sector of the economy
Licensing (registration) activities
- carrying on registration activities under Act No. 38/2004 Coll., on Insurance Intermediaries and Independent Loss Adjusters and on the Amendment of the Trades Licensing Act, as amended
- ensuring that the information on entities entered in the register of insurance intermediaries and independent loss adjusters is complete, correct and accurate
- making notifications of insurance intermediaries under Directive No 2002/92/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on insurance mediation
These activities are performed by the Insurance Intermediaries Unit of the CNB’s Licensing and Enforcement Department.
- tel.: 377 174 204